Friday, January 20, 2012

Winter's Majesty - acrylic winter impressionistic representational palette knife landscape painting by Pennsylvania Painter Pat Koscienski

Winter's Majesty
14" x 11"
Acrylic on board



This painting was done for Gary Keimig's Wilderness Art Challenge. Gary took this photo of Togwotee Pass near Dubois, Wyoming. My computer monitor is showing the blue in my painting very bright and very blue. Again, I will attribute this to my camera. When getting the correct blue, my mountains "wash out". It is an acrylic painting done on board using a palette knife. If you have any questions or wish to purchase, please contact Pat. To see more of my paintings, please visit my website at: www.patkoscienski.com





5 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

This is beautiful, Pat! (And thank you for posting. I really worry about you when it has been awhile between posts.) If memory serves, this is not your first palette knife piece, yes? Truly beautiful and quite breathtaking!

hmuxo said...

You did a beautiful job with this challenge, Pat. I love the use of the palette knife on the mountains...wonderful colors as well.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

You always show such mastery with your palette knife, Pat. This is a wonderful painting - I can 'feel' the cold!!! I always love seeing what you have to post :)

renate said...

Hello Pat. I love your painting! Very good job! By the way: your link isn't working on the Wilderness Art Challenge-blog.

Pat Koscienski said...

Thanks, everyone, for your wonderful comments. Thanks, Renate, it seems like none of the links are working. I will get an email off to Gary.