Monday, September 3, 2012

Tomatoes and Mushrooms - Acrylic Impressionistic Still Life by Pennsylvania Painter Pat Koscienski

"Tomatoes and Mushrooms"
8" x 10"
Acrylic on canvas

This painting was done for the DPP Challenge for the month of September.  September is National Mushroom Month and Pennsylvania is the leader in the production of mushrooms.  These were white button mushrooms, but look more like baby bellas in my painting.  I, also, went out in the woods photographing some of mother nature's mushrooms.  Hopefully I will get a few of those painted.  If you have any questions or wish to purchase, contact PAT.  If you want to see more of my paintings, both representational and abstract, please visit my website at:

6 comments:

hmuxo said...

A beautiful, still life, Pat. Perfect background color to bring out this piece..

Pat Koscienski said...

Thank you, Hilda. Sometimes I find the backgrounds harder to do than the subject itself. lol

Autumn Leaves said...

Such a beautiful job with nature's bounty, Pat! I am afraid, however, you have made me crave spaghetti.

Pat Koscienski said...

I agree, Sherry. There was an advantage to painting this one. Paint and then eat. lol

Rosemary said...

Wonderful still life Pat! You handle reds so well. Love the reflections on the tomatoes and the bowl is spot on!

Pat Koscienski said...

Thanks, Rosemary, for your visits and your comments.