Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"San Francisco Street"

"San Francisco Street"
Acrylic
12" x 6"
"San Francisco Street" was my first challenge done from and posted on the Different Strokes From Different Folks blog spot. It was painted from a photograph posted by Karin Jurick. A lot of angst went into this painting. I've painted from photographs before, but usually when it is used as a reference photo....I've painted at the site, take a photo, and make corrections or punch it up in the studio. This was done from a photo of a location I had never been to. The advantage of this, is that it helped keep me from painting the details that I may have been tempted to otherwise do. Also, it did challenge me to paint a subject I would not have chosen. Growth cannot take place if we don't strive to attain another level. I can't wait for the next challenge. If interested in price or more information, contact Pat at patsfineart@hotmail.com

PENNSYLVANIA DAILY PAINTER PAT KOSCIENSKI

2 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Wonderful job on the challenge, Pat! I am glad you participated!!!

Pat Koscienski said...

Thanks for encouraging me, Claire. I appreciate your support.