Thursday, October 14, 2010

Aspens - Impressionistic Acrylic Palette Knife Landscape by Pennsylvania Daily Painter Pat Koscienski

SOLD


Aspens

8" x 10"

Acrylic on 300 lb watercolor paper

Palette Knife




This painting was done for Gary Keimig's Wilderness Art Challenge. This palette knife painting was a little unique in that my acrylics had turned fluid because of the "wet palette" being too wet. But, the knife was still picking up the paint, so I just continued to go with it. It gave me some effects, here and there, that I didn't mind and was thankful for. This painting can be put into a standard 8" x 10" frame, or matted and framed to a larger size. If you have any questions, or wish to purchase, contact Pat at patsfineart@hotmail.com To see more of my paintings, please visit my website at:


www.patkoscienski.com

12 comments:

Carol DeMumbrum said...

Pat, this is beautiful!! I love the effects of the palette knife and wet paint!! Makes me want to get outside and paint! The trees are beautiful outside my window.

JudyMackeyart said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors and the texture with the palette knife (I'm partial to the palette knife ...)

Pat Koscienski said...

Thanks, Carol. If nothing else, paint those trees from your window. Your view is breath taking.

Pat Koscienski said...

Thanks, Judy. I have used the palette knife on most of my recent paintings and am really enjoying it. Your knife works are awesome...I can see why you are partial to them.

Rosemary said...

Beautiful color - wonderful texture! I love it! You've inspired me to give the palette knife another try!

Pat Koscienski said...

Oh, that's great, Rosemary. That knife helps me apply the paint more heavily and loosely, but it can, at times, be frustrating.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

This is positively glorious, Pat. You make this look so effortless, and I know it's NOT!

Gary Keimig said...

Hi Pat.
I must apologize that I posted your painting and information on the Wilderness Art challenge and misspelled your last name and therefor the link to your site was not working. I have fixed that and it now works.
You did a marvelous rendition of my posted photo for that challenge. Great job.

Pat Koscienski said...

Thanks, Claire. Some are easier than others, but I'm not sure if that is because of the subject matter or just the kind of day the artist is having.

Pat Koscienski said...

Gary. I was on the blog and didn't even notice. Thanks for correcting it and for your wonderful comments.

Robin said...

Beautiful Lemons..I love painting lemons for some reason...your are perfection..!

C. Mabius said...

Pat, I just clicked over to your blog and scanned through your posts. "Aspens" is my hands-down favorite. To me its a great blend of your abstract and representational sides as an artist! May the wet palette was a happy accident to try again...