Monday, November 29, 2010

Bull Elk - Acrylic Impressionistic Wildlife Painting by Pennsylvania Daily Painter Pat Koscienski

Bull Elk
20" x 20"
Acrylic on canvas

This painting was done from a photo posted by Gary Keimig on his Wilderness Art Challenge blogspot. I took artistic liberty with the setting the elk is in...a little on the abstract side...maybe a little yin and yang with the representational and abstract? To see more paintings of this bull elk visit Gary's site at http://www.wildernessartchallenge.blogspot.com/ If you have any questions or wish to purchase, e-mail Pat. To see more of my paintings, please visit my website at:

9 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

This is truly impressive, Pat. The soft, abstract background makes the bull elk the star of this wonderful painting.

Margaret said...

This is my favorite. He is beautiful and I love the colors you chose for the background.

Pat Koscienski said...

Thank you Claire and Margaret.

Anonymous said...

This is lovely Pat. Someday I hope to understand color as well as you. The challenge was hard because there wasn't much photographic information. You really focused on what was important adding your own lyrical touch.

Nanina

Pat Koscienski said...

Thanks, Nanina and Rajasekharan. I was going to leave the whole painting the abstracted colors, but my husband talked me into developing the elk more representationally. Maybe next time I will be more bold.

Theresa Paden said...

Beautiful painting! I love the turquoise and orange in the scenery and the elk is very well done. I like the way he is more representational and the landscape is more expressive. It makes him stand out really well :)

Unknown said...

Lovely Pat, youve done a fantastic job and handled the background beautifully.

Rosemary said...

This is a favorite! Love the lighting and your palette! Glad you listened to your husband! Another WOW!

Pat Koscienski said...

Thanks for all your comments, Rosemary. It's always good to hear from you.