Monday, October 22, 2012

God's Frozen Dessert - original acrylic miniature painting of a chickadee by Pennsylvania Painter Pat Koscienski

God's Frozen Dessert
4" x 4"
Acrylic on 300lb w/c paper

This painting was done in acrylic on gessoed 300lb w/c paper. The hawthorn berries were covered in ice and I am not sure the chickadee could get to any of them. If you have any questions, or wish to purchase, contact PAT. If you would like to see more of my paintings, both representational and abstract, please visit my website at:
 

10 comments:

hmuxo said...

This Chickadee is painted beautifully. I love the texture in his feathers..I feel so bad that he won't be able to eat those yummy berries.

Pat Koscienski said...

Thanks, Hilda. I'm wondering if these berries were to him what sorbet is to us...we manage to get to it. lol

Autumn Leaves said...

Such a lovely piece, Pat. Those bright berries would easily attract the birds, I think. I love how the birds more muted colors become more alive against the colors of the berries.

Susan Roux said...

A lovely composition! It looks like it would be a great subject for a Christmas card!

Sharon Whitley said...

I agree with Susan - I love the composition and it would make a great card for christmas, I love how you call them chickadees, much nicer word than tit as we say over in the UK!

nandadevi said...

very nice painting ,hope the bird got to eat the cherries.the cherries look so good

Rosemary said...

Oh Pat - this one speaks to me! Love the title and like the sorbet idea!

Babs, Jo, John said...

Sweet little bird and looks so pretty amongst those
bright red berries. I think you enjoyed painting him.
it's a bright and cheery picture to look at.

Pat Koscienski said...

Everyone, thank you so much for your visits and wonderful comments. Truly appreciated!!

Vivian Sterste - Brandler said...

Just great! Lovely sweet birdie! So much fun checking out your blog!