Friday, February 17, 2012

Got Milk?, Acrylic palette knife representational cow painting by Pennsylvania Painter Pat Koscienski

 SOLD
"Got Milk?"
8" x 10"
Acrylic on canvas
Palette Knife

This painting was done entirely with a palette knife. I made a sculpting compound using clear gesso and pumice which I used to mix with my paint. The clear gesso worked well, in that it didn't alter the color of the paint. There were some areas that became challenging eg eyes. If you have any questions, or wish to purchase, contact PAT. To see more of my paintings, both representational and abstract, please visit my website at:

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool, tough job working exclusively with a palette knife, what a great portrait

Autumn Leaves said...

A beautiful cow, Pat! Love the way you've handled the shadows and light on his face!

hmuxo said...

Love his face...amazing portrait with the palette knife!!!

Carol DeMumbrum said...

Pat, I love your cow!! Amazing work with a palette knife!
Great rooster in the above post also. I am very partial to farm animals myself. :)

Kitchen worktops dude said...

What a gentle expression there is that cow's eyes! Beautiful.